Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?

Goodbye San Antone. We have had our disputes. I have griped more than enough times about your weather, about your horrible drivers and even more horrible road systems. I have wasted my breath trying to argue my point for why the Mavs are so much better than your team ;) but all the while I am speechless when I realize that not one person in this city (besides myself) doesn't root for the Spurs. 

But this was the city of my first real adult job. My first day as a nurse. The city where we bought our beloved dog. The apartment we first shared as ours. This is where we lived when we were engaged and where we did most of our wedding planning. This is the home we came back to after saying I DO. This is where we cried over the loss of our first baby and came the closest to God we have ever been in our entire lives.  We had fights and tears and smiles and laughter in this city and I am so happy we were able to call it home for for the last 2 years. I was proud to live in "South Texas", where only here do people understand the beauty of Whataburger. In this city, cowboy boots is a staple, and it is out of the norm to see guys in jeans who aren't wearing boots. Proud my husband is not one of these aliens ;) most everyone listens to country, goes to church, and knows how to two-step. We will miss it here. 

We were blessed enough to only be an hour from my in-laws. Whom I'm absolutely impressed with their ability to make time for us. So many times you live in the same city as a friend or loved one and all too often you don't take advantage of seeing each other any more than if you lived states away. This was not the case for Brice's wonderful family who I gladly accept as my own. We will surely miss the short distance from them. 

In the reverse though, we moved here expecting to spend more time with friends and family who lived in the same city, who were elated when they found out we were moving to San Antonio. And we saw them a handful of times if at all. I suppose I am disappointed at both sides for not trying harder. I digress.

 The wonderful souls I became close to we're not the people I was expecting. Mostly my coworkers. This beautiful group of people who work together for the lives of children. My fellow nurses, PCAs, unit clerks, bosses, and need a forget childlife?! Friends who have witnessed every stage of our lives we have experienced here in San Antonio. I have been blessed to work for this hospital for 2 years. 

But it is time to move on as our time in San Antonio has plateaued and is now to the end.  It was only appropriate to use this blog's title. A song by the King of Country, George Strait, who considers San Antonio his home, singing about our new home. We will be starting our new life chapter in Fort Worth, Texas. Not too far from my parents in Dallas. I'm am quite excited about this. Not too much of a culture shock for Brice, as he is well acquainted with the San Antonio lifestyle, Fort Worth is much more of a "country" feel than Dallas...but is a healthier distance to Northpark ;) 

I will be working at Cook Children's in the ER. One of my dream jobs. I am quite the mover and shaker when it comes to work so I'm excited about this fast paced environment. This facility seems impressive and highly ranked on the children's hospital charts. Not to mention they have a chick-fil-a and a Starbucks. SOLD!! Oh...and a build a bear! 

Brice will continue his work with Halliburton, in a position he seems very proud and excited about. More on that soon. 

We have purchased our first home, just minutes from my work. It's an older home with charm, character, and a back yard for Sperry. I'm super pumped about this short commute. It will however be a bit of a haul for Bricey. Thankfully his best man lives 15 minutes from us so they can carpool to work together. We are already thankful for these friends that are so close to us. 

 I never imagined myself in Fort Worth but we are so very excited about this opportunity and couldn't be more sure this was another part for the plan God has in store for us. We are so very proud of this next step in our lives, and we ask for your prayers along the way, and negative comments be kept to yourselves. 

For those of you "keeping the secret" thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We needed this information to be "ours only" until we were ready to tell the public. It was just a healthy thing for our marriage and thank you for understanding this. You are now free to tell whom you please :)

Our home will be open to y'all soon enough so please if you are ever in town, would like a dance partner at Billy Bob's, have an extra hotdog at the Ranger's game, need a cowboy hat for the football game, feeling a need to attend the livestock show, need a drinking buddy at Joe T Garcias, or just someone to enjoy each other's company, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask! In the meantime, prepare yourselves Fort Worth...here come the Pattersons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment